Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Preferences

My mom called tonight as I was on my way home.  She asked that I stop by so that she could give William a present.  She had been at our church's "store" to buy herself a nativity.  Boo begged her for a smaller nativity and my mom caved.  She asked William if he wanted anything, but he declined.  He had been interested in a snow globe of the nativity, so my mom wanted to get it for him as a "happy" sometime.  Which brings us to tonight.

William, we need to stop by Mimi's.  She has a little present for you.

A present?  Why'd Mimi get me a present?


Remember when you and Boo were at church and Mimi got her a nativity?  She wanted to get you a little "happy," too.

I hope it's not a...(something I didn't catch).  And as I'm saying, "It's not a toy," he's saying

because I like Jesus, I just like Star Wars better.

Needless to say, he was a might disappointed.


And later...

It's just too pretty for a little young boy like me.  And too precious.  Too, too precious.  That stuff's for girls.

Those lessons on graciousness haven't stuck yet, apparently.   









No comments:

Post a Comment