Friday, October 21, 2011

Always a Bridesmaid

Never a mother of the groom.

William informed me last night that he was recently married.  To Amidala.  Because she was "so in love with him."  Who could blame her?

As any concerned mother would do, I questioned him on the genesis of the relationship.  Which, as far as I knew, was the actual wedding.

So, you and Amidala, huh?  Why did you get married?

Mom, I already told you.  Because she was in love with me.  And I love her.

Where was this wedding?

It was just at a restaurant.  It was at Off the Hoof.  (A local burger place--fancy).  It's a real restaurant.  But, you weren't there.

I wasn't invited?

Mah-ahm. (Exasperated tone).  I just already told you.  You weren't there. 

Well, just for the record.  Next time you get married, I want to be invited.

Well, it's too late.  Boo (his cousin and sometimes girlfriend) was there. 

Boo was there?  Why wasn't I invited?

You weren't on the list.




No comments:

Post a Comment