Friday, October 14, 2011

Eureka

This whole blog has been about my oldest (technically older since I only have two.  You should use the comparative, rather than the superlative.  That's the teacher coming out in me).  But, I digress.

This one is about Henry.

We were outside one early evening.  Both boys were just wandering around, trying out "outdoorsy" things.  I noticed that Henry's diaper was kind of hanging out of the bottom of his little one piece, baby-toddler outfit.  Rather than fix it, I just reached over and unsnapped his outfit and pulled the diaper off, leaving Henry essentially, "naked underneath his clothes."


It didn't take long for him to notice.  Arms straight down, he grasped the bottom of his now "open" outfit.  He lifted it up while simultaneously dropping his chin to his chest, eyes wide open.

PEE-PEE!


Up, down, up down, up down. PEE-PEE, PEE-PEE, PEE-PEE!


It was like a brand new discovery each time.


Reminds me of a comedian I once heard.  He had a young son, maybe 18 months old.  His wife was changing their son's diaper.  She yelled for him to come into the room, appalled that their son had "discovered" himself.  She asked her husband, "When is he going to stop doing this?"  The husband replied, "You're going to have to ask someone older than me."


No comments:

Post a Comment