Saturday, October 8, 2011

What IS This?

So, I was put in a position this morning where I had to shower, bathe Henry, and keep William out of trouble all at the same time.

We were running late for a birthday party.  Ben wasn't home yet from his haircut.  Henry was covered in appa sau'.  I asked William to grab a towel so that I cold dry off Henry and complete MY shower, which is impossible to do with a 17 month old in the shower, crying over the water splashing on his head.  He finally hands me the towel.

No, the red one.  Right there.  Behind you.  The RED one.  William.  Right. there.

William leaves the room.  A dry, naked Henry toddles after him.  My hair gets washed.  All is well.

William walks back in with something in each hand.

Mom, what IS this?

Some kind of cottony, butterfly on a string looking thing in the right hand.  Some kind of blue plasticky, cylindrical thing in his left. 

Holy crap.

He starts flapping the butterfly and pumping the smaller cylinder into the larger one.

Mom, what's this for?

Not ready to explain feminine menstrual products to my four year-old.  Son.

I mumbled something about it being for ladies.


Does Mimi have one?

Not anymore.

And, I got nothin' else.  No more William in the linen closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment